Dr. Meshreky [Fr. Macarius] claiming the 'conflict' between the unity in marriage and the unity with God:
"Before the fall, this unity of the two partners as a husband and wife did not separate them from God because each of them was in a state of being united with God. This was the original picture and plan. After the fall, each partner started to seek the other partner because s/he feels lacking and that something essential is missing – because s/he is estranged from God. After the person receives the faith in Christ, s/he still seeks the visible other because s/he is not able to be fully united with God. This seeking of a visible other became an instinct and a deeply rooted thing in humanity. This is because Man became unable to fully find and unite with the unseen other, God, whom Man is called to unite with. This full unity with God is a walk which requires time and discernment of the steps of this walk. Therefore, an inner emptiness remains inside Man which seeks and needs the visible other." Book: 'THE BRIDE & THE END TIMES' Page 163-164
No wonder the cult advises against marriage!
- But the Bible says:
- "And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”" Genesis 2:18 before the fall.
- "And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.” Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." Genesis 2:23-24 before the fall.
- "He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favor from the Lord." Proverbs 18:22
- "And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”" Matthew 19:4-6
- "But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”" Mark 10:6-9
- Discouraging marriage is one of Dr. Meshreky's cult similarities to Montanism heretical movement or sect https://www.britannica.com/topic/Montanism and http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10521a.htm
- It runs against Apostolic Canon 51 (see also http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/3820.htm), and the Canons of the Council of Gangra.